Grains or acne are circular protrusions of fats that can grow on any part of our skin. Although the face is the most common area where grains come out, there are also others like our head, since the scalp is also a zone with skin and, therefore, susceptible to the appearance of acne. However, although facial acne is unattractive, pimples on the head can be more troublesome and bothersome due to the irritation and inflammation that the scalp suffers.
You will wonder why pimples come out in the head and in one way we have the answer. Keep reading and know its causes and possible treatments to get rid of these annoying pimples.
Causes of pimples on the head
In appearance, the pimples on the head are the same as those that appear on other parts of the skin. Usually, acne on the head appears as a pustule or small bump, with the line of the forehead being the area where they most commonly look.
The most common signs to detect the pimples on the head are the constant itching and irritation of the skin, and among the causes of the appearance of this type of acne are the following:
- Infection with a bacteria called Propionibacterium acnes.
- Lack of hygiene, in this case, for not washing our hair when necessary.
- Diet very rich in saturated fats and, in general, poor diet.
- High levels of stress and anxiety.
- Genetic inheritance: if your closest relatives have had acne problems, it increases the likelihood that you will also suffer from it.
- Lack of adaptation to the climatic changes that occur in each season.
- Stage of adolescence and puberty: are more likely to have pimples on the head due to hormonal imbalance.
- Allergy or intolerance to drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Allergy or intolerance to the chemical compounds of some spices.
It is crucial that, if you are having acne problems in your head, you remedy it immediately as the problem could lead to something more serious and above all, more challenging to treat. Go to the dermatologist as soon as you can andor use the most appropriate treatments to remove the pimples on the head.
Treatments to remove acne from the scalp
Some medications will help you both to reduce the symptoms of the pimples on the head, such as itching or inflammation, and to eliminate or reduce the appearance of acne on the scalp. It is highly recommended that, before using the following treatments, go to the dermatologist so that you can assign the most appropriate and specific for you. Among the most outstanding treatments for grains in the head, are the following:
- Benzoyl peroxide: is a compound found in acne cleansers. Eliminates bacteria that clog pores in the skin and excess fats in the area with grains.
- Salicylic acid: a compound found in facial tissues and has properties that diminish the grains located in the head.
- Sulfur: it is an ingredient that we can find in soaps, and that can help to eliminate the excess oil that is produced in the scalp.
- Retinoids: it is a medicine derived from vitamin A that prevents the obstruction of the hair follicles.
- Topical antibiotics: used for the most severe cases of acne and usually contain benzoyl peroxide and erythromycin that have properties that eliminate the most resistant bacteria and that are causing acne.
- Antibiotics for oral use: the most used is tetracycline and is for cases of moderate acne. In addition to eliminating the bacteria that cause the pimples on the head, they also have ideal anti-inflammatory properties for this type of acne.
Home remedies for blisters on the scalp
In addition to the medical treatment recommended by your doctor for being the most appropriate to your case, you can choose to complement it with some of the best home remedies for pimples on the head :
- Lemon juice
- Natural henna
- Tea tree oil
- Honey and cinnamon
Its application is simply because it should be put on the affected area of the scalp and let it act for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. It is about applying them once or twice a day for as long as it is necessary to notice a significant improvement or its disappearance.
Recommendations to avoid the appearance of pimples on the head
In addition to medical and natural treatments to combat this problem of the scalp, we advise you to follow these recommendations to avoid pimples on the head :
- If you see blisters on your head too often, you should wash your hair every day. In this way, you diminish the oils of the scalp and, consequently, the appearance of grains.
- Avoid the use of hair conditioners as it can cause excess fat in the head.
- Use water-based hair products or those that are not comedogenic. This decreases the likelihood that your pores become clogged.
- Do not use hats or caps too often because they do not let your scalp breathe.
- Brush your hair every day as you exfoliate your head and eliminate the dead cells that form on the skin of your head.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why they leave pimples on the head, we recommend you to enter in our category of beauty tips